Leadership REsidential Programme
King’s Leadership Academy’s residential programme is closely tied to the school’s mission of “developing in each of our students the academic skills, intellectual habits, qualities of character and leadership traits necessary to succeed at all levels and become successful citizens in tomorrow’s world”. King’s Leadership Academy residential programme uses the outdoors as a medium for learning, allowing students to:
- Develop independence through self-confidence, self-direction and self-knowledge
- Sharpen their reflective and critical-thinking skills
Enhance their appreciation of, and respect for, the natural environment
- Discover personal strength
Adventure and challenge are inextricably linked within King’s Leadership residential programme. We strive to develop the individual and the group through considered skill development with careful handling of emotional well-being. The expectation is that students will return having faced challenges, risks and adventure in the outdoors and be able to apply the learning to everyday life.
Each residential course teaches the following as the core curriculum:
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Survival skills
- Journaling reflection
- Hazard and risk management
- Expedition behavior and group dynamics
- Group-processing and communication
- Respect to the natural environment.